Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Driller or Toolpusher in operating drilling and mud circulating equipment as instructed in the well program and in accordance to Company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years as a Driller or Assistant Driller offshore
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Valid Well Control Supervisor certificate
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit
- Advanced computer skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Well Control Level 3 or higher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate all equipment at the Driller's console in a safe manner; maintain a clean, tidy, and hazard free condition on the drill floor and associated areas
- Monitor the well condition at all times (i.e. depth, mud weight, weight on bit). Recognize, interpret and respond to down hole conditions
- Perform drilling-related operations such as directional drilling, working stuck pipe, running and cementing casing strings, coring, fishing, and assisting in wireline logging, well testing, and other special operations
- Supervise and direct operations in the picking up or laying down of tubular and all drilling-related equipment
- Maintain accurate record of tubular and tool dimensions (i.e. internal and external diameter, fish neck, and serial numbers
- Ensure that the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly
- Inform Toolpusher/Senior Toolpusher and Client Representative if a deviation from planned operation occurs
- Keep accurate records of fluid displacement when tubular are run in/pulled out of well
- Complete the IADC daily drilling report (GMS) at the end of each tour
- Hold pre-tour meeting with the drilling crew for all drilling operations
- Secure the well during an emergency or well control situation; assist in the well-killing operations
- Supervise the lubrication and maintenance o all drilling and associated equipment and ensure it is carried out in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance System (RMS)
- Maintain equipment files, drilling logs and records; perform all technical calculations required to carry out drilling operations
- Other Duties as Assigned
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Assistant Driller/Driller Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: