Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Al Kuwayt, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Min 5 years related experience
- Engineering degree. Preferred degree within Petroleum-, Mechanical-, Chemical- or Industrial Engineering
- General product knowledge
- General mechanical ability
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good communication skills
Provide testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field.
Responsibilities and duties:
Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system, Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
- Adhere to quality procedure and policies in accordance with the ISO9002 (where applicable) quality assurance system, Including:
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit.
- Adhere to main job responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, oversees the installation of the least complex well completion products in the geographic area.
- Typically operates as a one-person crew.
- Consults with Customers concerning products and services, promotes good customer relations at the well Site, and insures customer satisfaction.
- Reviews the job design and confirms that the job Packet includes the proper equipment and processes to achieve the job purpose.
- Performs all Aspects of the job in compliance with Weatherford processes.
- Applies technical knowledge to solve unanticipated situations, and consults with Weatherford operations base as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pre and post-job product and service activities (employee's Ongoing Participation in these pre and post-job processes will vary by location).
- Properly Maintains assigned equipment and ensures compliance with safety regulations
- and Procedures.
- Interacts with third parties whose activities could impact the process of installing completion products to assure proper coordination.
- Trains Field Service Engineer Trainee in areas of Expertise.
- Conducts and documents all Weatherford HSE related activities at the well site-site
- Assessments and risk analyses, onsite safety meetings, PPE use, etc.
- Completes all well site and post-job paperwork.
- Participates in post-job review with his/her supervisor.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, Impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of Error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental Consciousness, and complies with all applicable health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Promotes and takes an active part in the quality improvement process.
- Develops his/her knowledge and skills to be able to run more complex, and/or a broader range of, Weatherford offerings.
- Develops customer service, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by the Line Management with the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and the delegate is capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- In addition, providing the following:
- Risk assessment of the task
- Proper training/awareness of the task
- Proper tools
Proper facility to perform the task