Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Operate a machine that removes burrs, chips and mill varnish from drilled pipe.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and work place Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Comply with Well Screen and where appropriate Client Company's Health, Safety & Environmental Policy.
- Operate machine that removes burrs and chips from the O.D. and I.D. of drilled pipe used in the construction of well screens.
- Visual Inspection of threads.
- Drift I.D. of pipe with mandrel to remove any broken drill bits.
- Record all required Quality Control documentation.
- Clean and perform routine preventative maintenance to equipment
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- High School Education or equivalent
- 2 years experience as a Machine Operator I
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to read and interpret work order and engineered drawing requirements.
- Must be able to make machine setups
- Good working knowledge in the use of callipers and micrometers.
- Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment including forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Ability to maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment