Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Job Title: Commissioning Site Leader
Location: Offshore Doha, Qatar
Rotation: Initially 10x6
Duration: Nov 2020 - Mar 2021
BASIC ENGINEERING PHASE
- To draft the pre-commissioning and commissioning philosophy, identify a preliminary systems/sub-systems break-down and list of operational tests, participates to the preparation of a preliminary start-up sequence.
- To review the EPCIC contract to make sure all Commissioning related scope and contractual elements are in place before Award.
EPCIC COMMISSIONING PREPARATION PHASE
- To review and approve the Commissioning Management procedures (handover, interfaces, punch list, organization, spare parts etc.).
- To review and approve the Commissioning dossiers prepared by Contractor (including ICAPS database, Operational Test Procedures).
- To coordinate the activities of the Company Commissioning Team mobilized during this period.
- To participate or ensure Commissioning participation to FAT of major/critical equipment as required.
- " To prepare the overall Commissioning plan.
EPCIC COMMISSIONING EXECUTION PHASE
- To promote/ensure safety within the Commissioning activities and verify that safety procedures and Permit to Work system are implemented by the Commissioning Team.
- To witness and monitor the pre-commissioning activities performed by the Contractor and countersign all pre-commissioning dossiers at Ready for Commissioning (RFC) status.
- To control all Commissioning activities performed by Contractor.
- To ensure proper control of Commissioning activities (progress vs planning, punch list follow-up..) and recommend any necessary corrective actions.
- To report immediately any unexpected event that may impact the Commissioning or Start-Up of the platforms.
- To review and approve the Commissioning dossiers after completion of Commissioning activities and sign the AoC and transfer certificates.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- NWHP Project involves the development of 7 new offshore platforms bridge linked to the existing facilities and built in two separate batches. All these activities could be executed across different international sites. This Project will require complex interfaces with other entities of the Company.
- Brownfield environment designed on a different basis, minimum coherence to ensure smooth future operations
- EPC execution shall take place at Contractor premises, a rotation scheme will be implemented during Onshore Commissioning Peak period (3-4 months prior to load-out)
- Possibility of multiple worldwide missions or relocations to follow-up FEED engineering development or Factory Acceptance Tests.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering,
- Experience: At least 15-20 years' experience in the offshore oil & gas industry with minimum 8-10 years' experience in a lead Commissioning role,
- Proven track record of leadership and problem resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and good communication skills,
- Available for technical missions worldwide,
- Experienced with Client General Specifications, OPERCOM and ICAPS, PRODOM and relevant codes and standards,
- Language: Fluent English,
- Computer literate,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment,
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.