NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an IT TCOM Technician for a contract role in Fort McMurray on a 14 on/14 off rotation.
Accountabilities and End Results:
- Support the execution of upgrade projects as required
- Radio system life cycle maintenance support
- First line of response to troubleshoot faults in the voice radio system
- Project support for system implementation
- Inventory of equipment and life cycle management
- System maintenance, repair and troubleshooting
The position is part of the TCOM team responsible for the support of site-specific radio systems. Responsible for completing and adhering to all processes and procedures and all documentation/tools knowledge regarding the operations. Key functions are:
- Promote, support and adhere to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) management system.
- Ensure HSE issues are given priority consideration by complying with all corporate and operating procedures to align with corporate safety standards and expectations.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, legal and company regulations.
- System maintenance, break-fix response and support projects execution
- Equipment selection, installation, commissioning and ongoing preventative maintenance
- Fault finding programs including, but not limited to, conventional, analogue and digital Motorola trunked two-way radio systems (Connect plus and Capacity Max), GE MDS Scada systems, pagers transmitters and receivers
- Radio Tower loading and design support
- Support engineering in providing recommendations as required for the radio tower lighting, painting, earthing/bonding, maintenance and code relating to lightning protection methodologies
- Assisting with the installing of point-to-point and point to multipoint licensed & unlicensed microwave, UHF & VHF links, satellite terminals and bi-directional amplifiers
- Utilize networking tools analyze troubleshooting or assessment results: Spectrum and network analyzer -Agilent N9914A, RF power meter, reflectometer (VSWR/RL), signal generators, radio test sets, ground impedance test sets, LAN/WAN testers
- Completion of a Degree, Diploma or equivalent in Telecommunications engineering or Management Information system or Electronic Engineering
- Current First Aid training and H2S Alive accreditations
- Theoretically schooled and practicably experienced in equipment certification (CSA), intrinsic safety methodology and deployment
- 5+ years of related industry experience, preferably in Oil Sands, refinery or industrial plant experience in an IT or Telecommunications role
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Team player requiring minimal supervision, with ability to draw on the expertise and knowledge of the team to deliver the best solutions
- Ability to adapt to, and adopt new techniques and technologies
- Effective communicator, with excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.