Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Laboratory Technician - 1 year contract. Offshore rotational.
Regular sampling and analyses for process monitoring of offshore oil & gas production:
- Oil in produced water (daily)
- Basic Sediment & Water (daily)
- BactiQuant (weekly)
- H2S/CO2 (weekly)
- Iron, pH, H2S/CO2, bacteria samples (qPCR), organic acids (as per program)
- Glycol analyses i.e. pH, freezing protection, KF-titration (quarterly)
- NORM in produced water (quarterly)
- Aromatics, phenols and heavy metals (yearly)
- Suspended Solids, Particle Size Distribution, Dissolved oxygen in water injection systems (weekly)
Daily monitoring and optimization of chemical injection plan (Availability of stock, compliance, target):
- H2S scavenger
- Scale inhibitor
- Corrosion inhibitor
Preparation and update of permits to work related to sampling. Ensure the procedures are applied correctly.
Close involvement with the Production Team to pro-actively report malfunctions, opportunities for improvement, optimization of production through chemical injection and consumption, etc.
Ad-hoc support on chemical management to Field Engineer on site.
Safety is priority number one, therefore all Company procedures, standards and house rules shall be followed without hesitation. This includes the continuous pro-active reporting of observed anomalies, unsafe conditions or acts on any site.
Master's degree within Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
Master English in writing and verbal
A few years of laboratory experience would be an advantage, but not a requirement
Good analytical skills, structured, detail oriented and able to follow instructions closely
Clear focus on HSE