Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Minden, Nevada, United States
The Data Science Engineer will support the Analytic and Application Engineering group in High Performance Computing (HPC), Machine Learning (ML), and software development. The Data Science Engineer will assist in the development of infrastructure and processes, and have the ability to transform data formats, structure analysis of data, infer information/models, and create distributable models in support of analytic research and product development.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
* Creating a library of company/customer data.
* Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis (transform BN convention).
* Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
* Mine/analyze data from BN databases to drive development and improvement of analytic products.
* Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
* Work with MDS and other sources to develop a data portal/repository.
* Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
* Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear and concise manner.
* Creating automated anomaly detection system and tracking effectiveness.
* Bachelors of Science Degree from anaccreditedinstitution, or a Masters Degree (w/related Thesis)).
* Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, NaÃ¯ve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forest, Boosting, etc.
* Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, Matlab, etc.
* Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
* Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
* Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Good scripting and programming skills: C, C++, etc.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred.
* Solid oral presentation and writing skills.
* Ability to continue complicated jobs to completionin a timely manner.
* Ability to identify anddrive process improvements.
* Demonstrated skills in problem solving.
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
* Knowledge of cyber vulnerabilities, exploits, and threats.
* Software architecture and development/programming experience.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.