Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for Senior Software Engineer - Cloud & Network to join the team in Mumbai & Bangalore, IndiaEssential Responsibilities:
- Engaging with the cloud and network teams to inject automation, configuration management, and functional testing with new and existing setups
- Setting up and maintaining infrastructure orchestration systems and continuous delivery pipelines
- Monitoring site stability, deployments, performance via event logging, metrics, alerting, and automated remediation
- Assisting with designing and configuring an AWS, Azure, and Edge Network infrastructure
- Learning from patterns of outages or system inefficiencies to feed back into architectural improvements
- Developing documentation, company standards, detailed runbooks, training materials, and mentor team members
- Have a B.S. Degree in Computer Science or in a STEM Major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Possess moderate experience with the configuration tools of Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Ansible deploying network or cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of network layers 3/4, cloud network topologies, especially with AWS components (e.g. AWS TGW, RTBs, SGRs, ALBs), Azure components, next-generation firewalls, and SDN will be an advantage
- Have past experience with monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Solarwinds, NetBrain
- Have knowledge and experience getting value out of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with code repository management and automated testing via Git, CodePipeline, CodeBuild with multi-environment deployment pipelines
- Demonstrate scripting abilities in Python and Bash and comfortable in Linux and Serverless Environments
- Troubleshoot production incidents, conduct cause analysis, and ensure permanent closure of the incidents
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Preemptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.