Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management , Warehouse Person
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Cairo, Egypt
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Egypt
The Storekeeper is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient operation of the warehousing and stores provision based in Cairo. Including goods inwards, data recording, picking orders, booking parts, housekeeping and auditing.
- Accurately and efficiently picks and packs orders to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensures efficiency, accuracy and speed of Goods Inwards and Goods Outwards.
- Maintains accurate stock records and levels.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures Excel stock sheet and movements is accurate and up to date.
- Undertakes stock audits.
- Ensures all stock movements comply with Customs requirements.
- Contributes to the Continuous Improvement Program for Inventory and Warehousing maintaining compliance for Safety Critical work and Rail Regulations.
- Accountable for own safety and professional development.
- Participate in the Company appraisal process maintaining at all times the levels of professional competency laid out in this Job Description.
- Builds productive and effective working relationships with Company staff, suppliers and customers.
- Works positively with the Customer Service team and others in the company to ensure efficient and informed delivery of stock to internal and external customers.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience of warehouse operations.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Forklift operator certification or willing to achieve this within 6 months.
- Manual Handling Certificate or willing to achieve this within 3 months.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Fluent in the English language - written and spoken
- IT literacy including spreadsheets (Excel)
- Knowledge and familiarity with locomotive parts
Warehousing or Logistics Qualification
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.