Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is primarily responsible for project development within the Business Intelligence (BW on HANA and SAP BOBJ) system, and in addition, to assist US team with process chain monitoring ensuring system accuracy with high performance for end-users. It includes responsibility for enhancements or changes within the BI system, problem resolution and reporting modifications as well as performance tuning and architectural streamlining.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of reporting solutions within Schlumberger, primarily using the SAP Business Warehouse (BW) application powered by SAP HANA.
- Start from the functional/business requirements to design and develop BW objects (install standard objects, enhance existing objects, or create custom objects), such as info-objects, business content, data sources, data targets, info-providers, transformation, update rules, data transfer process, etc.
- Interact with the process owners to develop BW reports primarily using Business Explorer (BEx). Integration of SAP BW queries developed using BEx, Web Intelligence, Design Studio, and MSF Power BI will also be required.
- Use ETL tools for data transfer between BW (HANA) and other data centers within the company.
- Document test plans and complete Unit Testing of development objects and reports. Work with process resources to complete integration, function unit and user acceptance testing.
- Analyze and communicate report development issues, including problems with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical software issues. Prepare documentations (data flow designs, business scenarios, technical information, etc.) during the different stages of the deployment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, information system related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Advanced English Level Required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in SAP NetWeaver BI 7.X technology
- Mnimum of 7 years of experience with development of BEx queries, workbooks, key figures and variables.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with data modelling including Data sources, Info Providers, Info Packages, Transformations and Update Rules.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Business Objects (WEBI reporting and Design Studio) and Microsoft Power BI.
- Strong Knowledge of BW on HANA, ABAP code including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines.
- Committed to company values.
- Create a culture of integrity and compliance
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.