Skills: Business Development, Executive
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Home based , United Kingdom
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
ACHIEVE & EXCEED
The role of the Business Development Executive is to promote and sell the Bureau Veritas range of products and services across a multitude of sectors within the UK.
You will engage with existing and new clients to build an opportunity pipeline in line with achievement of the sales targets that will support the delivery and revenue requirements of the business.
You will predominantly be contacting customers via phone, but also using remote meeting technology, and where authorised and appropriate, face to face meetings. Key to this role is the ability to open up opportunities across the wider BV portfolio to increase product holding and customer retention through value driven business conversations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote the Bureau Veritas portfolio across a multidisciplinary environment in the UK market
- Work with sector leads, and business unit managers, to sell opportunities across the portfolio
- Act in a consultative capacity supporting both potential and existing clients.
- Actively support marketing and telesales campaigns
- To engage with customers across a variety of medias
- To operate within agreed authority limits and according to BV philosophies and strategies.
- Build deep relationships within the clients to give BV a clear insight into their business structure, operations and projects.
- Maintain a clear knowledge and understanding of all sales activity carried out by other individuals within the relevant BUs in the usual course of their work (for inclusion in the monthly report).
- Achieve personal sales targets as defined in role definition document and annual objectives to support department and business needs
- A strong pipeline of opportunities entered in AWI and up-to-date with respect to both close dates, probabilities and values. This pipeline to be circa 2.5X target on a monthly basis to achieve target obligations
- Follow up on qualified leads, and to source own leads through a broad range of networking and business development activities
- Proactive calling of prospects, suspects, and self-generated target
- Track active proposals and maintain visibility of sales actions and plans using the CRM tool.
- Work closely with the operational teams to ensure technical and resource implications of new business are managed.
- Participate in the production of proposals, tenders, pre-qualifications etc as agreed with line manger
- Contribute to the preparation of quotations in accordance with BV guidelines and authorisation levels.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Technical sales background, in either a Mechanical, Electrical, Health & Safety or compliance capacity.
- Also, a sound working knowledge of Health and Safety services would be preferential.
- Have strong sales skills with a proven track record
- Ability to understand markets, customers and the competitive situation
- Demonstrate the ability to use a portfolio of services to develop innovative solutions to clients needs
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality
- Strong Business to Business Selling in a Teleworking environment including
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.