Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
MUST CURRENTLY BE BASED IN OMAN
Responsible for managing the contracting activities of the clients Upstream projects.
The position will act in accordance with the Group's Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani's government & other legal justification's, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Assists in management of project contracting activities for projects, based on the category managed contracts.
- Act as interface with the various Legal, Risk Management, Compliance and Controllers subject matter experts for contract related issues.
- Prepares and administers all project 3rd party contracts.
- Works with project Delivery Managers and their teams to develop contracting strategies, plans and tactics.
- Responsible for preparation of submissions and obtaining approvals from Management, Contracts Review Committee and Tender Board Committee.
- Prepare of prequalification documents, bid documents, bid evaluations, contract negotiations and contractor selection, Contract documents etc.,
- Gather, review, distribute and manage subcontract ITT's and negotiate the best commercial value with lowest risk for inclusion in the tender submission including interfacing with other departments to develop scopes.
- Responsible for highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant Project Managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution.
- Assist with project cost analysis to support improvements in estimating and business improvements in project teams.
- Ensures that compliance needs of contracts are satisfied including insurance certificates, authority levels and contract approvals.
- Coordinates the post-award contract administration, including change management, lien waivers, insurance issues, claims mitigation and contract close-outs.
- Assists in preparation of responses/reports to any internal and statutory audit queries/requirements.
- Ensures that all executed project contract agreements are entered and maintained in the Oracle Database System for Contractor invoice payment and accounting purposes.
- Reviews contractor nominated subcontractor bid lists for acceptability.
- Manages all contractual related contractor correspondence.
- Maintains contract file system in a logical and functional state. Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
- Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets and participate in HSE programs.
- Stand-by / on-call duties when required; and any other related tasks.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.