Hawthorne, California, United States
Hawthorne, California, United States
Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Hawthorne, California, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
RECEIVING/SHIPPING CLERK- HAWTHORNE, CA
Ideal for a recent graduate or someone looking to gain solid work experience.
This is a full-time role with benefits. (paid-time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, retirement plan, and room to grow!
Must be reliable, dependable, and willing to work.
Good eye for details and computer literate.
Must be able to stand and/or walk for a long period of time.
Must be able to pass a drug screening and physical.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accurately and neatly receive and rack samples per company procedures.
• Effectively rack samples the same day they are received.
• Ship packages using FedEx Ship Manager / UPS Worldship.
• Verify the accuracy of packed orders.
• Ensure all items stored at the warehouse are recorded into storage areas for timely retrieval as requested.
• Become familiar and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Comply with all occupational safety regulations.
• Operate and maintain equipment according to written instructions.
• Ensure docks / receiving areas are kept clean and orderly. General warehouse housekeeping
• Cooperate, work and communicate with suppliers and co-workers.
• Represent Bureau Veritas by appearance and conduct. Behave ethically at all times.
• Provide feedback to supervisors for possible improvements in his/her work area.
• Communicate any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Facility Manager without delay.
• Report to job-site punctually and observes all Bureau Veritas applicable as well as federal/state regulations and standards, and customer requirements, including applicable safety and measurement/test standards.
• Attend company meetings as required.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Laboratory experience or course work in Chemistry/Biology is a plus but not required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and manuals.
• Ability to perform basic math functions
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.