Hard Skills for an Electronic Engineer
- Electrical conceptualization based on field specifications or detailed requirements
- Detailed electrical engineering analysis on component parts
- Firmware and software development of downhole and surface equipment
- Interact with team members or support staff to finalize designs and to create prototype tools
- Interact with team members or support staff to QC and assemble prototype tools
- Interact with team members or support staff to assist/direct prototype testing, and to design test fixtures
- Hands-on electronics testing and troubleshooting
- Develop field trial plans
- Provide on-site field supervision to support the new technology
- Troubleshoot and provide field support of legacy tools
- Oversee any design changes from field trial and prepare for handoff to the production department
- Project leadership
- Liaison with coiled tubing subject matter experts
- Directing and/or responding to timelines and budget requirements
Additional Preferred Skills:
- High level of experience writing embedded firmware (C language, MPLAB, Atmel Studio)
- Software development experience (C, Visual Studio)
- Electronics design of digital and analog circuits
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium
- Experience designing telemetry systems
- Exceptional soldering skills
- Experience designing electronics for downhole oilfield applications
- Electronic circuit simulation using SPICE
- Liaison with Mechanical Engineers and familiarity using Solidworks
- Electrical Engineering Degree / Physics Degree (Masters preferred)
- 12+ years' experience with oilfield down hole tool design, preferably with coiled tubing down hole tools.
- 5 to 10 years' experience, preferably with oilfield downhole tool design.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.