Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Taichung City, Taiwan
Areas of Responsibility:
· Act as an advisor to the Site Management Team on all HSE matters whilst carrying out all HSE Advisor duties as outlined within the relevant company Systems (HSE Roles and Responsibilities booklet, PM@SGRE and the Offshore HSE Project Manual) and supporting the project 'HSE Manager in Project' as early as PM@SGRE - PM100.
· Health safety and environmental support and advice for wind farm construction projects in Offshore typically working a rotational work pattern (2 weeks on 2 weeks off / 4 weeks on 4 weeks off) ensuring the HSE Standards including the company Basic Safety Rules and Offshore HSE Project Manual are implemented and complied with on all sites in a consistent manner.
· Be familiar with the client specific HSE Requirements of the Turbine Supply Agreement. Support the HSE Manager in Project with early reviews of HSE Documentation such as component transport and logistics arrangements, subcontractor documentation.
· Support in the implementation of the project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan (ref: FORM 21295) and make sure that all persons working on company
· scope of the project are informed and understand the sections of the HSE plan relevant to their work. Whilst at the same time contributing to the overall mobilization and demobilization of project site, ensuring HSE requirements set out in local legislation are complied with.
· Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of Safety Performance, the development / appraisal and modification of Safe Systems of Work, and participate in sub-contractor evaluations, monitoring and assessing.
· Collect and report observations of near misses, accidents, incidents and deviations from agreed standards and efficiently report through the agreed communication channels. Also assist all employees in filling out accident and near miss reports, and to make sure they are kept on record. Ensure all HSE incidents and occurances are reported, investigated, corrective actions allocated and incident workflow managed through to closure, as per company procedures and local legal requirements.
· Work closley with project QM and keep informed of the QA systems and procedures related to the HSE Advisor position and product safety generally. Also work in accordance with the requirements defined in the QA system in an effort to work towards Zero Harm and Zero Defects.
· Promptly complete mandatory weekly and monthly inspection requirements as outlined within the Offshore HSE Project Manual and project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan, as well as any additional ad-hoc inspections required by project or customer.
· Monitor the implementation and adherence to the project Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and IMS related procedures, by performing regular site inspections and site visits of the construction project works and areas; and contribute to internal and external audits and assessments, and HSE/site evaluations
Actively act as a role model for ZeroHarm and company HSE Standards
- Local Taiwanese HSE Licenses (Desirable)
- Entry level Professional (recognized) HSE qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate in UK) plus additional area specific qualification as defined by the training matrix essential. Higher level professional HSE qualification desired (e.g. NVQ5 / NVQ6 / Degree).
- Member of recognised professional institution (e.g. IOSH,Tech/GradIOSH working towards CMIOSH Status in UK) - desired.
- Relevant HSE experience essential (Minimum 2 years - preferably within Offshore Renewable however other high risk construction or marine environments considered) with demonstratable continuous professional development within an HSE related role.
- As HSE Advisor, the candidate will do high-risk work on site during the site execution of the onshore and offshore construction activities. Therefore, a willingness to work on a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rotational work pattern both locally and internationally where required is essential. Offshore working including onboard accommodation vessels required.
- It is essential that the candidate have an aptitude for working at heights and maritime (vessel) transit as it will be required to visit offshore wind turbines and operate from a hotel vessel on a frequent basis as part of their role.
- Valid driver's licence within the EU