Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beaumont, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for Lease Operator with a fast-proven record of accomplishments to support operations in Beaumont, TX. The Lease Operator is primarily responsible for tracking production and pressures for all wells-on assigned routes, performing general well inspections, maintenance, equipment repairs and replacements, and reporting other maintenance, production, health or safety issues.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Make daily pumper run to check gauges, maintain equipment and report daily production
- Performing daily operational check of assigned wells and production facilities
- Test wells to determine production rates and problems
- May perform minor equipment repairs
- Oversees activities of contract crews or coordinates activities on joint ownership wells
- Abide by all health, environmental and safety programs and policies in performance of duties
- Routinely monitor all well batteries on assigned routes to regularly check casing and tubing pressure, gauge amount of oil, gas and water produced by wells and amount ot time wells ran since last check
- Routinely visit all well-heads on assigned routes to inspect locations at least every other week or more frequently as directed by Lead Operator or Production Foreman.
Skills / Qualifications
- Working knowledge of mechanical applications
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently under little supervision
- Basic math skills
- Responsible and diligent
- Personal computer experience or willingness to learn
- Previous oilfield experience
- No supervisory responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Safety-sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to satisfy Department of Justice requirements with or without assistance
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.