XstremeMD is gathering resumes for an applicant pool to fill upcoming and potential positions in both our offshore and land divisions. Most rotations are expected to be 14/14 or 21/21, some are 30/30.
Positions could be full-time regular employment or contract employment depending on the job, so we are looking for both types of candidates.
- Remote health care practitioner (RHCP) will provide contract services to XstremeMD (XMD) clients, and will strive to provide these services in a compassionate, professional, ethical, and knowledgeable fashion.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patients' status, plan of care, and goal achievement.
- To provide qualified medical support to the organization, ensuring all team medical needs are met. RHCPs are expected to give equal consideration to health, safety, environment, cost, and people in their daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide efficient health care service utilizing telemedicine.
- Assist physicians in all aspects of patient care while on project.
- Provide medical welfare and management for all personnel in the remote location.
- Perform Biometric Testing as requested by clients.
- Remains knowledgeable and up to date in XMD, XMD client and regulatory agencies (OSHA etc.) policies and protocols.
- Maintain patient records within our onsite electronic medical record.
- Work with case managers to facilitate medical care for clients.
- Assist client with development and maintenance of onsite Medical Emergency Response Plans. (MERP)
- Maintains competency in the use of all onsite telemedicine, laboratory, and diagnostic equipment. (Where applicable)
- DOT & Non-DOT urine drug collections (Where applicable)
- Monitor any ongoing illness or injury with patient follow ups.
- Maintain sick bay and equipment to a high standard.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains inventory of medications, supplies and equipment according to XMD policies.
- Maintains a patient encounter log in electronic medical records.
- Ensures all follow ups are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains good communication and interpersonal relations with client representatives, XMD staff and crew members.
- Participates and contributes in all onsite safety meetings.
- Assist in performing and documenting daily/weekly/monthly inspections of equipment and materials as per client, XstremeMD, local and international regulations.
- Participate in client approved and recommended training as required.
- Maintain regulatory compliance related to function in job.
- Treat all coworkers, clients and patients with fairness, respect and professionalism.
- Occasional on-site client testing and education per client request.
- Any other training required by client.
Minimum Qualifications & Certifications
- At least 3 years of medical experience in an ambulance or emergency room setting.
- At least 1 year of industrial medical experience in a remote medical environment.
- Successfully complete and pass the Advanced Remote Emergency Medical Management (AREMM) course with a score of greater than or equal to 80%.
- Attend and successfully pass AREMM refresher every two years.
- NREMT/State Paramedic Certification and License
- Urine Drug and BAT Screening Certification
- PFT and COHC (Audiometry) Certifications (land department)
- TWIC Card
- Safegulf/Safeland/IADC Rig Pass
- THUET w/Sea Survival (offshore department)
- Maintain all current necessary licensure or certification.
- Complete relevant continuing education courses to remain competent in remote and industrial medicine.
- Good safety record from past operations.
- Working knowledge of HSEQ practices common to the industry.
- Leadership and teamwork skills/behaviors which support team based operations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations.
- Good computer skills.
- Fit for Duty in accordance with job description.
- Rotational shift work.
- Willingness to work overtime, additional shifts, weekends and holidays per XMD request and client approval.
- May require extensive travel.
- Helicopter/Crew Boat travel to and from Client Locations.
- Frequent standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs and crouching.
- Ability to tolerate marine, outdoor and shop conditions during all seasons.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work up to 4 hours away from definitive medical care.
- Ability to care for patients in a remote environment with delayed definitive medical care.
- Ability to assist with carrying patients from the remote clinic/sick bay to helicopter.
- Ability to navigating narrow, steep stairways.
- Ability to ride a personnel basket carried by a crane when needed.