Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Skills: WellSite Supervisor, Production Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
This position will provide Production Engineering technical support for producing assets onshore and Offshore Nigeria and support to development projects.
The position requires experience in analysis and optimization of all components of the production system. Normal job duties will include development projects, production optimization projects, modelling limits and integrated system capacities, analyzing the performance of existing and planned wells, gathering systems and facilities to ensure optimum production delivery and maximize recovery.
• Minimum of 15 Years of Experience
• Experience in Well and Reservoir Management
• Must have worked in an Operator's environment or a Service Provider with production management and optimization Portfolio
• Exposure to field and facility rejuvenation programs required
• Experienced in development or redevelopment of a Field Development Plan
• Experienced in bidding and acquirement of a field or block.
• Experienced in production enhancement and optimization projects
• Exposure to drilling and completion activities required
• Experience with artificial lift designs for deviated design desired
• Experience leading a subsurface redevelopment team desired
• Degree in relevant engineering or science discipline
• Well control certification
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Production monitoring and evaluation of well performance and reporting on changing production parameters
• Capture Production data and ensure history match
• Must be able to run relevant software to determine the integrated production system capacity (IPSC), gap analysis between actual and capacity requirements and constraints and finding solutions to minimize the gap.
• Interpret production data and make recommendations based on the analysis
• Using various production engineering techniques to diagnose and determine causes for production depletion or water ingress or any other production issue
• Asset management planning for production of existing wells within the limitation of the processing facilities and resources.
• Production management techniques including real time optimization, gas lift, gas allocation, draw down models and optimal choke size management, sand control and monitoring.
• Work over planning, design, support and performance reporting including cost estimating and budgeting and go/no-go/abandonment decisions
• Production equipment optimization support with changing gas, oil and water rates and ratios
• Production system capacity, gap analysis between actual and IPSC with capacity constraints and finding solutions to minimize the gap
• Support subsurface team and geo-modellers as required for full field reviews
• Able to run screening economics for high grading of potential projects and prepare recommendation for well intervention work
• Manage well site contractors as required
• Monitor well related corrosion processes and treatments
• Perform well testing (production and injection) design and interpretation
• Review new technology applications for deployment throughout the production train
• Identify formation damage and assessment of well intervention and stimulation requirements.
• Design well treatment recommendations in conjunction with subsurface team
• Manage sand production including design and recommendation of sand production monitoring systems and erosional velocity analysis and optimization.
• Assess Life Cycle stimulation requirements and incorporate in design and operating plans
• Provide input for developing yearly production, OPEX and CAPEX budget
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written both up and down the organization
• Experienced in offshore and onshore production monitoring, well monitoring, gas lift, water handling, stimulation, well testing, wireline, work over and drilling operations.
• Understanding of all well related production operation factors from the reservoir to the wellhead and the reservoir life cycle.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines;
• Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
• Process engineering skills to allow for effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
• Ability to set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information necessary to manage production
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
• Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiar with relevant industry software