Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
This position will provide drilling and well engineering functions to support drilling, work-over and completion projects in shallow and deep offshore.
Reports directly to the Senior Drilling Supervisor (SDSV)
• Minimum of 15 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years as Night Drilling Supervisor with relevant experience.
• Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
• Recent offshore experience (Jack-up or deep offshore rig) is required
• Must have worked in an Operator's (oil company's) environment. Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
• Experience with leading well engineering software is important
• Higher National Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering or any other engineering or Science discipline
• Well control certification
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assist Drilling Supervisor in implementation of drilling, workover, completion and testing programs
• Maintain operational optimization and offline concurrent operations
• Provide supports on the drilling units to the Senior Drilling Supervisor to fully meet well and HSE standards.
• Ensure compliance with all regulations pertaining to the work and report any deviation
• Ensure an adequate inventory of materials and equipment on the drilling unit to carry out the work
• Ensure a proper look-ahead planning to avoid delays
• Prepare well-site plans such as casing running and cement calculation
• Supervise operations during the night.
• Manage, time, crews and other resources to optimize performance and efficiency
• Ensure that Company's HSE policies are strictly adhered to and followed.
• Extend training and technical support to direct reports
• Actively participate on the day to day operations and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the program and as required.
• Use good judgement in deciding when to escalate issues to your Superior.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of all well construction project management starting from well engineering design, planning, preparation to the execution phase.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines;
• Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
• Drilling engineering skills to allow for effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
• Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
• Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
• Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiarity with relevant industry software