Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Skills: Drilling Manager, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
The Reservoir Engineer is responsible for identifying oil and gas reserves and developing strategies to maximize recovery. Works closely with Geologist and Geophysicist, to create 3D models, find and extract oil and gas from existing fields as well as searching for potential new development targets. Also works closely with the Finance department to consider important economic factors.
Reports to the Chief Technical & Operating Officer (CTOO).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree or Master in Petroleum / Reservoir Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
• 15 years working experience in upstream Oil and Gas industry.
• Knowledge in reserves estimated and re-evaluation • Minimum of 10 years experience in reservoir management in senior roles • Experienced in development or redevelopment of a
Field Development Plan
• Experienced in bidding and acquirement of a field or block.
• Experience in field redevelopment and production enhancement projects
• Experience in enhanced oil recovery EOR potential screening for mature assets and deployment of EOR solutions.
• Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
Key Responsibilities and Duties - Reservoir Engineer
• Analyse the reservoir characterization required for evaluating petroleum reserves.
• Develop field development plan & reservoir management strategy by using reservoir simulation model.
• Estimates oil and gas reserves for specific fields on a regular basis, including overall annual reserves forecasting
• Provides a range of reservoir engineering support and technical advice and guidance within the business
• Recommends the optimum location for wells to be drilled
• Develops economically viable field development plans for the production of hydrocarbon reserves
• Forecasts oil and gas flow rates
• Analyses well performance data
• Compiles charts, reports and management presentations
• Design various reservoir field and identify appropriate tools to resolve all reservoir engineering issues and develop support package for new wells.
• Establish all developed and undeveloped reserves and maintain efficient reserve systems and evaluate all completion and drilling activities for various projects and coordinate with various teams for project development according to production guidelines.
• Monitor and analyze all surveillance programs for all reservoir performance and develop an efficient management strategy and participate in various activities to enable growth and collaborate with geoscientists and design development activities.
• Manage all work through reservoir analysis techniques and forecast prioritization of all development projects and recommend improvement to production and assist to recomplete all projects if required and provide technical support to all reservoir management activities.
• Analyze all test data and ensure accuracy of same and assist to design all reservoir models and collaborate with various team members to manage all communication for projects and recommend improvements to enhance performance.
• Provide support to management and manage all development and production projects and plan all area reserve and estimate all production requirements and analyze all studies and ensure optimization of all resources.
• Develop field plans for water injection and recommend improvements to same and perform analysis on all tests through standard applications and monitor all field and well performance.
• Participate in all reserve audits and prepare required documents and prepare technical presentations to be submitted to management.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with field operational sections (Petroleum Engineering, Drilling, Project, Production & Operation sections).
• Possess knowledge in the technology inventory of; Reservoir Rock & Fluid Characterization, Well Test
• Design and Pressure Transient Analysis, Well Performance and Production Operation, Reservoir
• Performance and Resource Estimation, Reservoir Modelling and Simulation, Depletion Strategy and Drive Mechanism
• Possess strong analytical skills and effectively communicate technical data.
• Good written and spoken English, strong interpersonal skills and a team player