NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an Functional Lead for a contract role in Calgary.The individual must be local.
Are you passionate about joining a dynamic team in Calgary to support a groundbreaking project across the entire Human Resources (HR) function? Reporting to the Director HR Technology & Operational Services, you will be accountable for leading the core aspects of HR application functional design and integration as part of a Workday system implementation project.
This role is a key full-time project role supporting the HR transformation program HR Next. HR Next is a multi-year program to transform all aspects of the HR function, inclusive of policy, program design, organization, technology, process, people and data, in support of a redefined enterprise talent proposition.
You will use your expertise to:
- Work with senior HR leadership to understand HR Next vision and guiding principles, and translate them into design principles for functional solution design
- Lead the process of gathering business requirements across the following areas of HR
- Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Workforce Planning
- Lead a team of 10 business analysts and functional subject matter experts through all phases of the Workday implementation (project preparation, iterative design/build/test cycles, cutover, go-live and sustainment)
- Ensure overall functional architecture is highly integrated and supports the project principles, in particular that the solution provides a delightful employee experience
- Ensure all project design documentation is of high quality and of a sufficient level of detail
- Participate in project governance system, with primary accountability for functional design and integration
- Support Project Manager with estimations of work effort to implement solutions through projects
- Support major issue/change governance including escalation management, communication, remediation actions and change process control
- Advise on current best practice and third party solution alternatives as part of the functional design process
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Previous experience implementing Workday as a functional or integration lead
- A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
- Five or more years of experience working in technology implementation and solution design
- Strong knowledge of HR processes and systems (SuccessFactors and SAP)
- Strong collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- A continuous improvement mindset and are able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems and process in the workplace
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.