Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
SR. TECHNICIAN (CIVIL)
Primary Purpose of Job
Receive work requests, prepare diagrams / drawings and plan the work, raise permits, Supervise and quality control work carried out by call off and other contractors as part of Civil Section Responsibilities during routine and non-routine maintenance and shutdown work inside and outside Refinery and Berth 6 Operational areas including pipeline infrastructure between Refinery and downstream customers. Responsibilities include Refractory work, Industrial painting, Fireproofing, Industrial Cleaning, Concrete rehabilitation and Landscaping work.
• Completion of Secondary Education (12 years), followed by 2 year full time trade training with relevant Technical Diploma
Experience & Skills
• 10 years varied experience in the petrochemical industry with 2 years at supervisory level.
• Knowledge and proven experience of Refractory, fireproofing and industrial painting specification Concrete Rehabilitation works and Corrosion protection systems. Preferably with NACE / British Gas certifications (for Refractory, Industrial Painting and Corrosion), and API certification for Storage Tank Inspection
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Ability to read/ interpret drawings
• Knowledge of QA / QC standards and safety procedures.
• Computer literate (MS Office is a must, with AutoCAD and GIS familiarity as an advantage)
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa