NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an IT Analyst for a contract role in Calgary.The individual must be local.
- Communicate with business customers to determine their needs for Information Technology (IT) services
- Understand business processes end-to-end, actively measure system contribution to the business function, and initiate process and/or system improvements
- Translate business needs/strategies into IT requirements and source IT services to meet those requirements
- Work with Service Managers to ensure services meet customer needs
- Provide projected demand for services to the Service Managers
- Understand and communicate the cost and value of provided services to the customers
- Manage detailed business process software portfolio (where applicable)
- Perform front end loading (FEL) and business case development
- Lead projects when appropriate
- Work with Business Unit-specific vendors and industry groups
- Influence customer strategies
- Review range of existing solutions available; present options and recommendations to the customer
- Lead and execute projects following IT process and best practices
- Managing Implications of Change on the Business Organization
- Organizational Change Management
- Service Providers - internal and external
- Understand the service offerings and effectively communicate these to the business
- Proactively communicate Information Technology changes to the business to lessen impact.
- Strong grasp of underlying Project Management processes, tools and methodologies.
Outcomes (daily/weekly/monthly/yearly deliverables):
- Provides services to internal clients.
- Conducts meetings to facilitate problem solving for business and IT.
- Consults with clients to improve business processes.
- Drives project teams through FEL process and delivers to defined business requirements.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plan.
- Monthly forecasts project spend.
- Monthly project status reporting.
- Develops application roadmaps to support IT and Business strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- 5-10 years as a developer, programmer, business analyst preferably in the Oil & Gas industry
- Strong Project Management skills and experience
- Skilled at Business process facilitation and documentation
- Broad understanding of Information Technology services
- Systems knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional relationship and influence management skills
- High level of initiative with focus on results and demonstrated dependability
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Knowledge of reporting and business analytic tools.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.