Skills: Operations Management, Maintenance Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Grangemouth, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operations and Schedule Manager to join Versalis UK in Grangemouth, to provide support to the Manager for ensuring that all aspects of Maintenance within the plant are undertaken following safe, sound engineering practice in accordance with Company Procedures, Works Instructions, Engineering Specifications and Statutory Regulations. Will gradually assume direct responsibility for some aspects.
- Ensure specialist support to the Operating units for the processing of budget proposals, multi-year plans and site maintenance forecasts, through the identification of the most suitable maintenance policies and related needs, in line with company guidelines and production objectives;
- Ensure, consistently with the needs defined by the Plant units, the development and updating of plant maintenance plans and site infrastructure.
- Ensure the technical analysis of job requests sent by the Operating units and propose the best technical and economic solutions for carrying out the required activities;
- Ensure the execution of specialty maintenance interventions, both through the use of company staff and third party staff; ensure the estimate and the planning, the control and the accounting of the works;
- Ensure maintenance-engineering activities, with particular reference the analysis of failures and disservices in order to update the policies of maintenance.
- Ensure the necessary support to Operations to define and update the periodic production programs, with particular reference to plant shutdowns for maintenance activities;
- Ensure specialist support to the Project Team unit for realization of plans for "plant modifications and new investments"
- Ensure, in connection with the QHSE and Human Resources functions of the site, the drafting of the relevant corporate rules and ensure its dissemination to third-party companies;
- Ensure the promotion, dissemination and correct application of the rules and corporate procedures, as well as national and international regulations in force regarding health, safety and environmental protection, with particular emphasis reference to monitoring and risk assessment and related training and information of the resources of competence;
- Participate and promote the information of third parties (contractors for example) on the rules and procedures corporate health, safety, environment, public safety and sustainability.
- Ensures that third party companies enter the site (for all factory units) in compliance with company rules and procedures and contractual obligations in force, ensuring compliance of the business documentation.
- Manage time and attendance, absence and training for the Department in line with company policies.
Local, Residential (non expatriate)
- Management of a multidisciplinary team, composed by internal and outsourcing resources
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Good knowledge on MCS (SAP for example)
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Decision-making, supervisor skills and leadership, time management and organization skills.
- Cost control management: monitor the costs and resources
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards (i.e. PUWER, permit wok, RAMS, pressure equipment, DSEAR, COSHH regulation, electrical work, shift work, work equipment, confined space, lifting operation).
- Good knowledge of technical topics (rotating equipment, pressure vessels, electrical/instru equipment)
- Engineering graduated, mechanical or electrical:
- For the mechanical is recommended previous experience also in management of electrical maintenance department and
- For an electrical is necessary a previous experience also in management of mechanical maintenance department.
- At least 10 years' experience in maintenance within a top tier COMAH site or equivalent business (oil and gas ideally downstream, chemical/petrochemical plants, power plants, steel plants)
- At least 2 years of experience as maintenance manager.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food.
We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviors that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our mission and values
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.