Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
He/She reports to Software Project Manager, Software Program Manager, Engineering manager or Team Leader
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based services and applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS in open source environment
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Author documentation, reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations for purposes of training and knowledge sharing purposes
- Ability to follow the general development practices and techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned
- Gathering insights from Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to help drive technology and product development
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies
- Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master's in science or engineering with software experience or education
- Minimum 4 years of experience in cloud technology
- Cloud development experiences on multiple cloud platforms, preferably GCP and Azure
- Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies, e.g, K8S (Kubernetes).
- Programming languages: Java and GO.
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience with open source development tools and technologies
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
SDFC is part of the Schlumberger Digital organization. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.