Skills: Rotating Equipment, Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
- Read schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans and other drawings in industrial establishments.
- Dismantle and assemble machinery and equipment using a variety of hand, power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Perform mechanical maintenance and repairs on power tools, hand tools and training equipment.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, cranes, chain falls and trucks.
- Align machinery and equipment using hoists, squares, rules, micrometers, plumb bobs, dial indicators and/or laser alignment equipment.
- Perform machining and welding operations for making various parts for lab and shop training equipment
- Perform material and machine inspections using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, rules, calipers, protractors, and torque wrenches.
- Responsible for inventory and control of tools equipment and supplies integrity and functionality.
- Determine equipment specifications and prepare parts lists for purchasing, consisting of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic devices as needed to complete assigned projects.
- Load, transport, and unload materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completes daily time sheet.
- Ability to collect information during installation and/or maintenance to provide field specialist / field supervisors with recommendations on equipment integrity/functionality.
- Quickly adjusts to changing job assignments/requirements and the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Assist field specialist / field supervisors on location as required
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Baker Hughes HQs, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Follow up all quality aspects according to six sigma approach and Baker Hughes QMS manual and procedures
- Working knowledge and application of HSE rules at all time without any deviation.
- Effective communication to HQs, through company digital tools.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ year of Mechanical experience
- Must be able to perform frequent travel in the field
- Candidates must be team players
- Previous experience in the oil & gas Field
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree preferred
- Previous experience working with rotating machines
- Availability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time
- Good mechanical/technical skills.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.