Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
Wood is searching for Equipment Operators with construction experience to work on a project in Midland,TX.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Safely operate heavy equipment such as backhoe, trackhoe, forklift, manlift and skidsteer.
- Excavate near active utilities.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipement.
- Assist in maintaining environmental compliance.
- Relay soils to match preexisting grade lines.
- Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates controls to regulate speed and direction of equipment and hoist movements according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and hoisting mechanisms.
- Inspects equipment for defective parts, documents and notifies the equipment foreman or supervisor of any defects or malfunctions.
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment
- Inspects rigging and related equipment.
- Required to understand and interpret load charts.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have experience operating backhoe, trackhoe, forklift, manlift and skidsteer.
- Time Management
- Good Communication Skills
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above.
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas.
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age.
- May be required consistently to work 12 hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions.
- May be required, on occasion, to work up to 16 hours in a single shift.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework.
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, as well as hear creaks, pings, and any other anomalies in equipment prior to, during or, subsequent to any lift or positioning of material/load.
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required of DOT medical certification
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.