Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Role: Civil Design Engineer
Location: Munich, Germany
Duration: 12 months contract to permanent position
- Support for FEED/Bids package and provide MTOs/ABOMs and General Arrangement data for refrigerated liquid gas (RLG) storage tanks
- Sizing of structural concrete elements, especially for concrete tanks
- Assist project managers / engineers with project scheduling and setting deadlines
- Evaluate geotechnical, Seismic Hazard Assessment, and Quantitative Risk Analysis reports
- Interpretation of dynamic design calculations
- Execution of pre-stressing calculations (tendon elongation) incl. translation into FT detail and reinforcement drawings Prepare civil project specifications and review / formulate proposed construction method statements by constructors
- Perform and check design calculations for other civil structures, e.g. substations, stair tower, pipe racks, etc.
- Perform storage tank linear and non-linear FEM calculations; single load cases, symmetric and nonsymmetric load cases, liquid spill, adjacent tank/valve fire, blast, etc. Prepare and check of calculations and MTOs performed within the group
- Feed and support CAD technicians with translating design calculation results into reinforcement drawings and checking of engineering drawings. Review/Interpret soil, seismic assessment and dynamic soil structure interaction reports prepared by other parties
- Pre-design of tank foundation concept and advise on soil improvement concepts. Execution and/or interpretation of settlement calculations. Perform and/or interpret of raft and pile foundation settlement calculations considering pile group effect and liquefaction
- Perform structural design of underground structures e.g. piles, diaphragm walls under static and dynamic loading. Preparation of Structural Design Deliverable (write ups) for approvals i.e. design calculations, calculation notes, etc. Checking of civil engineering documents and structural design calculations prepared by subcontractors
- Provision of technical support for the construction sites
- Continuous improvement of structural design and work processes, interfaces and design standards.
- Possible duty as Technical Project Manager, site advisor/representative on tankage projects
- Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the oil & gas/construction industry in a similar position
- Profound knowledge and experience in design and execution of pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete structures
- Profound understanding of dynamics of structures and earthquake resistance design
- Profound knowledge in the linear and non-linear design of pre-stressed concrete structures
- Knowledge of national and international design codes and standards
- Industry knowledge in civil engineering, construction sequence and civil construction methods
- Experience in MS-Office and typical structural design software tools, preferably SOFISTIK
- High self-motivation, self-organisation ability, integrity, team spirit, assertiveness
- Leadership and communication capabilities
- Flexibility for worldwide business and mission trips
- Fluent business and technical English
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!