Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mobile, Alabama, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.MobileAlabama
Conducts a range of trade-specific inspections on elevators, escalators, mechanized walkways, and/or other lift machinery, verifying that the operation, construction, retrofit, or repair work in the field is performed in accordance with applicable code requirements, drawings, plans, specifications and contract documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs trade specific code and/ or Quality Control inspections on various phases/ aspects of elevator/ lift equipment .
- Detect possible defects and faults in equipment installations , maintenance , or operation and recommend or stipulate appropriate remedial measures per Jurisdictional requirements.
- Accurately reads, interprets, and comprehends equipment operation and installation plans and instructions.
- Utilizes standard testing devices and methods to ensure equipment operation meets established requirements.
- Consistently applies code requirements and related standards in accordance with state, local, and national regulations and department policies.
- Effectively coordinates work schedules with elevator service companies/ technicians to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
- Works cooperatively with property managers, service companies, and the general public.
- Conducts all work operations in accordance with established safety practices, ensuring all work is completed without hazard to self or others.
- Possession of current QEI (Qualified Elevator Inspector) certification OR Five years' experience in the elevator industry performing elevator inspections, service, repairs, and or testing of elevator systems. Education in the engineering discipline may be substituted for two years of field experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- The methods and practices involved in installing, repairing and maintaining a variety of electric and hydraulic elevators, escalators and moving walks
- Fundamental mechanical and electrical principles as they apply to elevators and similar controls
- Stages of construction when possible violations and defects may most easily be observed and corrected
- Application of the American National Standard Safety Code for Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators and Moving Walks as referenced and amended in the Construction Code, as well as jurisdictional requirements.
- Ability to use graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings and layouts, and comprehend and make inferences from written materials and code documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications such as MS Office, Excel, Access
- An employee in this position typically works in an industrial field environment, with daily exposure to operating machinery. Office time is limited.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your career is about more than building a résumé - it's a chance to leave your mark.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations and a safer society for us all.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.