Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as an I&E technician in Dickinson, ND. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Maintenance and Repair on all electrically driven equipment in the facilities and Platform
- Maintenance and Repair on all Generators.
- Maintenance and repair to Gas Analysis equipment.
- Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities.
- Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI).
- Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system.
- Identifies and obtains required spare parts from the on-site warehouse inventory.
- Responds to operational breakdowns on a 24-hour basis.
- Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence.
- Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program).
Skills / Qualifications
- High school or Trade Certificate in Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.