Scotland, United Kingdom
Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Technical Consultant - Storage Equipment
Location: North East/ Scottish Borders & Nationwide
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
As a Technical Consultant for Bureau Veritas, you would be responsible for the management, delivery and profitability of storage equipment inspections across a large portfolio of varied organisations.
Working within the group consultancy Team and supporting the Business Manager in delivering subject matter expertise consultancy within the Storage Equipment discipline. You will operate within agreed authority and according to Bureau Veritas technical philosophy and strategies, provide technical excellence to the business and be the source of knowledge for both the business and its clients.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
TECHNICAL AND CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
We're looking for someone that can act as a trusted consultant to our clients, bringing industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a true partnership approach.
- Provide consultancy advice, training and high level support to clients and colleagues with regards to Storage Equipment
- Presentation and dissemination of reports to clients/colleagues
- Provide services to fee paying and internal customers in the designated fields of expertise and maintain technical and administrative control of commercial contracts to ensure optimum efficiency and profitability
- Proactively implement the technical standards & service levels for Bureau Veritas
- Provide the highest level of technical expertise within a designated discipline, ensuring that the Bureau Veritas technical philosophy and strategies are understood and adhered to throughout the business unit
- Keep up to date with developments in standards and legislation affecting their technical discipline and supporting change as required
- Ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of IS systems, ETS requirements and Q&S module
- Provide engineering technical input into external trade associations, technical committees and statutory bodies
- Act as the most senior point of referral for technical issues outside the authority of Engineer Surveyor personnel or where guidance or support is required
- Develop and provide innovative solutions to consultancy processes thus differentiating Bureau Veritas in the market place
- Coach and develop team members and field staff in technical issues, ensuring technical knowledge is maintained and developed through training both on and off the job in order to grow the capability of the business
Candidate requirements include:
- SEMA Approved Rack Inspector (SARI) qualification
- Proven technical experience in Racking Inspections
- Ability to manage contracts from inception to completion
- Ability to communicate with the client effectively and manage their expectations
- Be able to maintain and grow existing relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest regulations and standards
- Comfortable operating independently on behalf of Bureau Veritas within an external environment
- A flexible and innovative approach to working and a willingness to travel
- Full Driving Licence essential
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer eight years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.