Skills: Ships Mate / Officer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR POTENTIAL TEMP & FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES!
Assist the Chief Mate and Master in exercising control over the vessel's marine operations with due regard for safety of personnel, maintenance of vessel equipment and protection of the environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Unlimited 3rd Mate License
- 2+ years experience on a semi submersible or drillship drilling unit
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / FOET
- Coast Guard Medical
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Exercise control of the safe navigation of the vessel in order to ensure that all navigation operations are carried out in accordance with Company policies and procedures, regulations and sound marine practices.
- Become familiar with the vessel's bridge and navigation equipment. Assist with voyage planning and rig move operations.
- Provide assistance during anchoring operations.
- Provide assistance in ensuring that the vessel's navigational equipment is maintained, fully functional and tested in accordance with SOLAS regulations.
- Oversee the maintenance of deck equipment, firefighting and lifesaving equipment and marine department lifting equipment, and update records accordingly.
- Assist with maintaining the vessel in a seaworthy condition in accordance with its Marine Operating Manual.
- Assist with maintaining the watertight integrity of the vessel, loading and storage of consumables, securing of supply vessels and helicopter operations.
- Assist with carrying out the vessel's Class Surveys as well as other regulatory inspections and audits.
- Assist in maintaining the vessel in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim.
- Assist as required with maintaining and carrying out PM's on all marine department equipment as per RMS and under the direction of the Chief Mate/Senior Mate
- Other duties as required.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position THIRD MATE USA Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: