Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the unit's main engines.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Merchant Marine Second or Third Class Engineering (Unlimited) License, or STCW equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on a 6th generation semi submersible drilling rig or drillship
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the mechanical operations
- Advanced computer skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Offshore training required:
- STCW Security Training for Seafarers
- Passport / Government I.D
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- Coast Guard Medical
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and ensure that all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment maintenance and repair is done in a safe and prudent manner
- Ensure conformance to policies, local and international regulations relating to the operation of the rig, and current pollution regulations
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution; ensure that power is available at all times
- Ensure that the permit to work system is in place and followed
- Participate in the effective management of the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and ensure all records are maintained on a timely basis
- Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Other duties as assigned
Puglisevich is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position Engine Room Operator (ERO) GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: