Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Regional Indirect Tax Leads, to work with the other Indirect Analysts within the regional groups for the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa and or Latin America regions to review and control all the Indirect Tax calculations from our various ERPs and to complete the periodic filing and payment of all Indirect Taxes (VAT, GST, Stamp Tax, With Holding Taxes, IVA, ICA, ICMS, INSS, PIS, COFINS etc.) for the country and legal entities assigned to you.
- Prepare and file all annual tax filings as required
- Liaise with external advisor to ensure all any changes in taxes are recognized and ERPs and tax filing is updated
- Document and communicate abnormal tax expenses to Operations and Management
- Reconcile all balance sheet tax accounts monthly
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received.
- Support all Tax and statutory audits
- Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 3-7 Years Indirect Tax Experience in any country and for any tax jurisdiction
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with good spoken and written English.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a diverse cultural team
- Must be able to speak and written in Spanish to support LATAM Indirect Tax team.
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CA or equivalent professional qualification is an advantage.
- A proven ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Indirect Tax.
- Possess positive thinking and attitude, professionalism, takes ownership of and accountability of the work product.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Team player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP or Oracle will be added advantage.
- Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.