The Contract Analyst will ensure quality outcomes are delivered on behalf of GBS Asia Procurement team and both procurement and business stakeholders across the Contract Lifecycle Management processes specifically Contract Enablement:
- Contract Validation
- Contract Creation
- Contract Amendment
- Contract Close Out and Exit
Working within a defined global process framework, there is an opportunity for this role to contribute to an enhanced Service Delivery Model around how BP third party arrangements are administered and managed over the term of their life ensuring that maximum value is extracted from each arrangement.The Contract Analyst will ensure quality outcomes are delivered on behalf of GBS Asia Procurement team and both procurement and business stakeholders across the Contract Lifecycle Management processes specifically Contract Enablement:Contract Validation
- Support in validating and reviewing contracts in line with BP Procurement guidelines and policies.
- Provide feedback to Procurement of any contractual ambiguities.
- Support in contract drafting, compilation, and ensure relevant appendices or exhibits are appended.
- Ensure contracts are signed and approved by BP's authorized personnel in line with the company's Limits of Authority and Power of Attorney policies.
- To create and amend contract headers, contract workspace and contract compliance in ARIBA.
- Facilitate signature process for contracts, amendments and variations.
- Ensure storage and documentation of contract related documents in ARIBA.
- Support in facilitating transactional systems in accordance with the buying channel nominated.
- Operationalise contract within the appropriate systems.
- Ensure the appropriate changes or notices being affected are made within the appropriate systems.
- Ensure completes of P2P data before handing off for purchasing operations.
Contract Close Out and Exit
- Manage amendments, notifications, change order, variation orders and terminations in a timely manner.
- Update the appropriate systems due to any change or amendments and communicate with the impacted stakeholders.
- Ensure contracts are properly closed out and terminated in ARIBA.
- Archive documents to ensure legal compliance.
- Close transactional systems in accordance to contract requirements.
- Analyse and share lessons learnt where required.
- Interface with various internal stakeholders Category/Sourcing team, Procurement Operations, Supplier Enablement and Master Data Management team; and third party including BPO.
- Participate in supplier performance reviews and discussions where needed.
- Participate and contribute to discussions and meetings with various stakeholders.
- Support in the migration of company contracts from the legacy system into ARIBA.
- Prepare and perform presentations on behalf of the service line where needed
- Supports the objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations, including OMS related standards.
- Identify opportunities and drive continuous improvements within the service line.
- Support in reviewing general terms and conditions and provide feedback to Procurement of any potential contractual or commercial risks.
- University degree in a Business, Finance, Legal or related procurement discipline.
- MCIPS/ISM qualification, or at stage of pre-qualification, desirable.
- At least 8 years' working experience in procurement and supply chain
- Experience of Source-to-Pay processes and systems.
- Experience in ARIBA or other e-procurement tools and deployments of similar scope and scale is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and application experience with procurement and contract terms and conditions.
- Experienced working with virtual teams.
- Able to work either UK or US shift hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to listen and work with Business and Category/Sourcing teams in real-time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Intermediate Organisational and strong project management skills.
- Role will require occasional hours outside of standard business hours - to join calls with overseas team members
- Contractually and commercially risk adverse
- Understand inter relationships between applications and business processes
- An ability to operate methodically including process adherence