Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
- Performs ASME/NB shop and field inspection services to assigned clients, including review and verification, implementation and applicability of the manufacturer's written quality control system and/or inspection specifications
- Monitors client quality control systems for compliance with relevant codes and requirements.
- Documents quality control systems inspection activities per established policies.
- Ensures compliance with applicable sections of the ASME Code, National Board and jurisdictional requirements for fabrication activities and authorized inspection services.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of updated applicable sections of ASME code and National Board and jurisdictional requirements. Continually enhances knowledge through self-study, internal training, and approved courses.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Must have a National Board Authorized Inspector Commission with "R" and 'A" Endorsements.
- 1 - 4 years of demonstrated experience in the boiler and pressure vessel industry, such as design fabrication, operation, repair and alteration, inspection and nondestructive examination, or quality control systems.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly and informatively.
- Ability to interact with customers.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge, technical skill and sound business practice to decision making.
- Ability to adheres to established company policies, directives, and procedures, and ensures accurate and timely reporting and submission of the results for assigned activities.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.