Skills: Coil Tubing
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under broad direction, supervises assigned staff for Coiled Tubing Product Service Line (PSL) within a Natural Work Area (NWA) (District).
- Supervises employees engaged in delivery of the PSL's services and products.
- Supervises multi-shift CT projects and technically demanding well intervention projects.
- Leads employees behavior and role based competency by mentoring and developing to achieve excellence in PSL Service Quality and HSE performance.
- Assists the Field Service Quality Coordinator (FSQC) and Performance Development Coordinator (PDC) in Progressive Discipline for non-performing personnel.
- Completes performance evaluations of assigned staff under the direction of the FSQC/PDC.
- Champions Halliburton and Customer Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE).
- Engages employees in Production Solutions and all other PSL initiatives in the field.
- Assists in implementation of new technology.
- Evaluates service quality within assigned NWA with the goal of improving performance.
- Provides technical expertise and solutions to the customer.
- Performs follow-up activities regarding job performance.
- Skills are acquired by completing the Competencies required for this job role.
- Must possess exceptional skills within the service line and a general understanding of other service functions.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) standards, practices and guidelines.
- Must possess exceptional knowledge of Halliburton Management System (HMS) standards, work methods and processes.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree required with management experience.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 88086
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Production Solutions
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.