Skills: HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Senior Health and Safety Consultant, London
We are looking for a Senior Health & Safety Consultant to join our embedded accounts team, fully supporting one of our key clients within the finance sector. Based in the client's office you will lead the deployment and maintenance of their health and safety management system and be the primary point of contact for the client across their global office portfolio.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
- Project Manage the contractual service delivery, including provision of reports and alignment to SLA's and KPI's as required.
- Ensure health and safety regulatory compliance across our clients Global Estate Portfolio
- Providing health and safety competent advice, support and co-ordination across our clients Global Estate Portfolio
- Providing competent responses to client queries and managing ad hoc support questions, with consideration of legislative requirements, best practice and client health and safety standards.
- Developing and maintaining relationships within the client, Bureau Veritas UK and the Bureau Veritas international network
- Creation of operational policies and procedures, supporting the strategy to implement at an operational level.
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations, including managing the local regulatory reporting requirements.
- Project Managing legislative audits, including set-up, co-ordination with local Bureau Veritas resources and quality control of the output.
- Undertaking and quality reviewing risk assessments.
- Developing and maintaining Health & Safety training aligned to regional and local requirements
- Preparing and delivering to stakeholder's data analysis, ad-hoc and periodic reports.
- Providing reports to identify local legislative requirements for construction projects, e.g. office fit out works
- Assisting with the mobilisation process for new sites, ensuring compliance and the client's operational readiness requirements are implemented.
- End-to-end project management of health and safety management system development/enhancement related projects.
- Work collaboratively with the clients vendors/contractors to ensure effective and seamless service delivery, including significant engagement with the Facilities Management vendor.
- Develop and maintain the Global Asbestos Registers
- Line Management responsibilities
Skills and Experience Required
- Level 6 health and safety qualification, such as the National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- CMIOSH membership
- 4+ years in full time H&S roles with exposure to a broad spectrum of health and safety management systems
- Extensive UK H&S Legislation knowledge and experience in practical implementation
- Procedure and report writing
- Accident and incident investigations and reports, including investigating incidents falling under RIDDOR
- Exposure to a variety of safety and health risks
- Liaison with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Data and trend analysis
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.