Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Reporting to the Europe Senior International Tax Manager the successful candidate will assume responsibility for Scandinavia effective tax rates, tax audits, tax planning initiatives, provision of tax assistance to all Halliburton PSL's, management and review of tax compliance and management and review of effective tax rates in Scandinavia.
The Tax Department is a small but dynamic group and for the right individual, there will be opportunities to develop their career further within Halliburton.
The candidate will have a firm foundation in Norwegian and/or international corporate tax either from practice or industry, to be sufficiently confident to manage the responsibilities set out below under supervision and guidance from the Senior International Tax Manager. Personal tax and VAT experience will be an advantage.
The primary responsibilities for role are set out below. You should be prepared to be flexible and be willing to undertake additional responsibilities and provide support to the International Tax Department, as required.
- Manage and optimise the company's effective tax rate and cash tax by minimising the impact of foreign taxes on operational results
- Implement corporate tax strategy in Scandinavia.
- Become familiar with the Halliburton business in order that tax planning and compliance is undertaken with a sound knowledge of the commercial environment.
- Participate in/instigate tax planning including collaborating with management to recommend and effect corporate structural changes
- Review of project contracts, bids and tenders and tax advice to the business in this respect, in particular assessing business needs in new locations and considering the compliance/tax registration implications.
- Manage Scandinavia tax affairs to ensure compliance with local and US law, including conducting reviews into internal controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley Act 404.
- Monitor changes/developments in US and international tax laws and recommend changes necessary/desirable as a result of developments.
- Manage all tax compliance related activities in Scandinavia ensure all tax returns/payments are reviewed and filed/paid in a timely manner tax returns, managing tax audits and all correspondence with tax authorities.
- Ensure that appropriate monthly and annual tax accruals are adequately maintained.
- Engaging tax advisers, managing fees and maintaining good relationships with advisers.
- Assisting with other ad hoc advisory and project work, as required.
Competitive pension- and insurance scheme
Company health service
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
Focus on technology and further development
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
Strong corporate tax background, with a reasonable level of experience in international tax
Several years experience in tax, either in the profession or industry.
Outgoing and confident personality and the ability to deal with and present to senior management within the business, Revenue Authorities and external advisors.
Innovative with strong technical skills.
At least one of either: a recognized accounting qualification; ATT; CTA; ADIT, Accountancy or Legal Qualifications in Taxation.
US tax / tax accounting experience
Skills / knowledge of SAP
Excellent communicator (verbally and in writing)
Able to drive through initiatives and be a "Problem solver"
Able to prioritise, in particular Tax Dept responsibilities, and work on own initiative.
Flexibility and ability to work to deadlines.
Product Service Line:
Full time position
Hiring Manager: Ricardo Maughn (+44) 77 71 77 43 22
Recruiter: Kathrine Lohne Keane (+47) 51 83 72 66
Deadline: August 14 th 2020
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.