Skills: Executive, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
Newly created position for our largest refinery site in Shreveport, Louisiana. We are looking for an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety leader with significant refinery or chemical company experience, reporting to the Plant Manager to support refinery operation and organization in all matter relating to Environmental, Health and Safety matters. Must have the ability to work with the refinery leadership and all levels of the organization.
Individual will lead plant Environmental and Safety Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians. This position will actively lead and participate in the successful execution of the Refinery's Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives. The Manager will provide support to direct reports of this position and of the plant staff in general. Maintaining compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations, managing compliance with safety and environmental regulations and laws is required. This includes Process Safety Management, Risk Management, Clean Water Act, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act, Coast Guard rules, OSHA regulations and all other applicable laws and requirements.
The areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to developing and implementing an EH&S strategy for the organization, health and safety awareness programs, MSDS, Occupational Health, safety training, substance abuse testing programs, worker's compensation and case management, loss prevention, OSHA compliance, testing record keeping and audit functions, dealing with hazardous materials, DOT, etc.
Must be able to drive positive change in employees, supervision and contractors to achieve operational excellence in EH&S.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Line Management, Quality, Training and HR to ensure the effective use and implementation of computer-based training (CBT) and site safety initiatives.
- Develops Processes used by company personnel and contractors to ensure proper planning of job activities and equipment usage, resulting in a safe and environmentally compliant workplace.
- Performs ongoing audits to assist in the identification and elimination of unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Ensures HSE and regulatory compliance through effective record-keeping, training and overall compliance with HSE programs.
- Ensures internal and external HSE audits are conducted on a consistent, agreed-upon schedule, as well as developing and implementing follow-up processes to ensure identified deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reviews incident reports, coordinates investigations and provides internal follow-up reports to external parties, including insurance vendors, government and legal bodies as required.
- Ensures development and delivery of employee training on HSE specific topics in conjunction with government compliance and Refinery needs.
- Responds to client HSE requests, interact with clients and develops project specific HSE plans.
- Ensures proper preparation of Refinery HSE reports and tracking of Refinery HSE metrics.
- Ensures employees are medically treated as needed and follows-up with Corporate HR and Medical Services to monitor recovery and return-to-work processes.
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental, or a related technical field
- Ten or more years' experience managing HSE professionals with responsibilities that have included compliance of State and Federal environmental & OSHA regulations as well as Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Five or more years' HSE experience in the petrochemical, chemical, or oil and gas industry
- Experience writing reports & procedures and creating presentations on MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Environmental, or a related technical field
- Experience working in a Union environment
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to speak effectively before large groups of stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with all departments at the refinery as a strong team player with the ability to influence the organization and strengthen the safety and environmental culture
About Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P.
A Commitment to Excellence in Hydrocarbon Specialty Products
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a master limited partnership and a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products in North America. Calumet processes crude oil and other feedstocks into customized lubricating oils, solvents and waxes used in consumer, industrial and automotive products; produces fuel products including gasoline, diesel and jet fuel; and provides oilfield services and products to customers throughout the United States.
Calumet is based in Indianapolis and produces nearly 3,500 unique specialty products used in the development of the world’s most trusted brands and products. Calumet is vertically integrated and holds a comprehensive portfolio of branded products for use in commercial, industrial, and consumer applications. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the company employs approximately 1,600 people and operates 10 facilities across North America, including 9 specialty products manufacturing and production facilities. Calumet products and services are available in approximately 52 countries across the world; serving approximately 4,400 customers globally.