Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for accurately preparing, recording, and reporting transactions related to the activities of International Drilling. This position will also be responsible for internal and external audit preparation and analysis, and preparing reports for International Drilling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare balance sheets account reconciliations for designated accounts.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Assist with preparation of monthly MD&A and schedules
- Assist with quarterly forecast
- Prepare the 10Q and 10K reports.
- Prepare PBC's for external audit, assist with analysis and explanations.
- Provide support and analysis for the audit as requested.
- Assist and participate in special projects on a regular basis.
- Overtime will be necessary during monthly closings, year-end reporting, audit, and for special projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance is required
- 1 - 3 years in general ledger accounting
- String skills in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Motivated, energetic, self-starter
- Ability to effectively deal with problems under pressure
- Excellent understanding of procedures development
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material and type. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances, sometimes over uneven terrain.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs