Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
This role is to perform functions to set up and operate various types of conventional and CNC machines, to perform production machining operations specified by the Manufacturing Order Package, to support the EHS implementation in the shop, to participate in six sigma project and implementing SGIA/AWO team in lean Manufacturing and to conduct machine tool preventive maintenance, as well as implement good 5S auditing and to participate in process continuous improvement.
- Work within close tolerances to perform adjustments and measurements assuring proper alignment of machine and parts, etc.
- Apply CMM tool to inspect parts to ensure conformity to requirement.
- Perform critical dimensions recording and machining mapping.
- Assist Support Team in carrying out tool performance evaluation as well as testing of new program and new cutting tool.
- Implement new machining technology to reduce machining costs.
- Conduct trouble shooting of machining variances.
- Have capability knowledge and skill to operate 2 to 3 machine software function for milling or turning processes.
- Assist support team in the routine process to optimum the machining process.
- Assist fixture team in carrying out fixture performance and rigidity evaluation as well as testing of new fixture design and clamping method.
- Participate in improvement project and implementing in lean Manufacturing.
- Secondary Education / ITE / Diploma / graduate in science in Metal Machining.
- At least 2-3 years of experience (ideally, 8-10 years working experience) in mill / turn machining industries.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing
- Basic knowledge of cutting tool application, Siemens 840D program, fixture devices, part setting,etc.
- Basic knowledge of machine software application.
- Basic analytical skills in dealing with machining variances.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Should have thorough knowledge machining of critical components, API, VGS, fixtures & tools.
- Should have knowledge of Oil and Gas products.
- Should be able to read and understand English.
- Should be able to interpret and explain machinist about Engineering drawing, VGS procedures,
- and MO and guide to Machinist I, II and III as and when necessary.
- Should be able to train new Machinist.
- He shall be able to manage shop resources and group of machinists and shall be pro-active,
- willing to learn from mistake, hardworking, able to work in shift under pressure.
- Should be able to generate simple reports or make simple checklists for machinists to follow.
- Further he shall have basic computer proficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.