Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bucharest, Romania
We are hiring talentedFinancial Planning and Analysis Analystto join our team in Cotroceni offices, Bucharest. In this role your main responsibility will be to provide monthly, quarterly and annual actuals reporting & forecasting support as well as financial analysis, for entities across the world.
You'll need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your clients' business plans and goals into the professional competencies needed to achieve outstanding results. You'll need professional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to function in an innovative, challenging and fast-paced environment and be part of a global team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as challenge and progression in your role. With a growing team and the opportunity to work flexible hours there has ever been a better time to join the Cameron, Schlumberger team!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results in comparison with the budget/ forecast/ historical trends and associated Key Performance Indicators (financial & non-financial).
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of monthly results, forecasts and budgets via working with Division & Group finance teams and the BPC submissions and consolidations.
- Tracking orders, backlogs, sales & margins and providing analysis from different angles to serve as financial partner in meeting continuous improvement and business targets.
- Monitoring working capital ratio and advising the stakeholders the necessary measures to achieve the targeted financial and cash flow performance.
- Preparing variance analysis on balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to help predict future revenues and expenses.
- Coordinating and preparing the Division's annual budget process, quarterly forecasts and monthly updates with plant operations.
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data to help produce accurate reporting. Performing detail analysis to identify errors and root causes of errors, and helping develop workable solutions or alternatives.
- Advising management and stakeholders on the necessary measures to achieve the strategic and financial objectives of the organization.
- Identifying and working with the relevant stakeholders to investigate into irregular financial results/trends.
- Providing accounting and analytical support to Management and Plant Operations.
- Continuously improving the planning and analysis process in line with business requirement and Group policies.
- Ensuring across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices.
- Identifying weaknesses in internal control and suggesting improvements.
- Assessing and highlighting opportunities for increased cost efficiencies
- Developing and evaluating business or project financial metrics and drivers
- Providing SAP/BPC research and support to accounting and Operations.
- Work closely with the plants in preparations of monthly plant packages.
- Liaising with Divisional personnel around the world on financial analysis.
- Preparing ad hoc reports for management and division as necessary.
- Projects assigned as necessary.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate:
- A background in accounting, strong understanding of IFRS and proven analytical skills (data interpretation and review).
- You should possess excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and the ability to communicate ideas and influence change across the finance organization.
- Experience on SAP (or another ERP system) would be beneficial.
- Professional finance qualification (ACCA / CPA etc) would be desirable.
- You must also be able to communicate to an advanced level in English
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.