Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bucharest, Romania
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. Our Global Business Services provide the shared services that make our pioneering work possible, and our Finance teams develop and deliver innovative ideas that shape our organization, our sector, and beyond. We're looking for people who can challenge ordinary thinking and help us define what excellence looks like tomorrow. If you want to find out what you can really do, this is the place to do it.
This role is part of the General Accounting and Controlling department and it supports the month end close process, balance sheet notes, group and internal audits and technical projects in the management accounting area, according to US GAAP Standards (and internal policies and regulations).
- Responsibility for closing the management books for multiple legal entities
- Balance sheet review, reconciliations and preparation of associated balance sheet notes
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, provisions, allocations etc.
- Responsibility for coordination and execution of Internal and Group Audit requirements
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP standards and internal policies and controls
- Work cross departments, cross hubs and cross functions in order to achieve accuracy, completeness and timeliness of deliverables
- Having a good overview of the business transactions and their reflection in management accounting
- Analyzing actual results (P&L and BS) to reconcile financial accounts, taking responsibility for all balances and resolution of queries
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
- Fulfill any task assigned by the direct supervisor in accordance with the professional experience and area of expertise.
- Good working conditions in a professional environment
- Teamwork with professionals
- Participation in the development and / or implementation of various complex projects
- Challenging and dynamic work associated with acquiring new knowledge
- Opportunities for career development as we continue to grow
- Meal tickets, Bookster and Medical Cover.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Diploma holder for professional qualifications
- Three (3)+ years of experience in management or financial accounting
- Strong computer experienceMicrosoft Office desired and SAP knowledge is a plus
- Good communication & Collaboration skills
- Demonstrate high reliability and self-motivation
- Drive accountability and results
- Fluent in English
- Second foreign language (preferably French, Spanish) would be considered a plus.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.