Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Deliver large-sized software architecture stories and tasks on time
- Design, discuss and document complex software solutions that drive business value
- Propose solutions through the creation of detailed specifications, documentation and designs
- Apply existing technologies, approaches and methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems and processes
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Apply Agile principles and methodologies to all work
- Integrate project designs with continuous-integration and continuous-deployment (CI/CD) frameworks
- Utilize best practices for design, development, CI/CD, security and scalability
- Lead technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding and presentations
- Participate in code reviews and provide guidance on how to solve issues and concerns
- Research and evaluate emerging technology and market trends and present findings to the organization so that they can be used in project development and operational support activities
- Make technology choices at the organization level and communicate the impact of those choices to others throughout the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum 5 years' experience in Software Architecture or Software Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design, software design patterns and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Deep understanding of enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration
- Highly knowledgeable of cyber security best practices
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, CloudFoundry and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience using at least one programming or scripting language
- Extensive experience in the design of microservices based applications
- Solid understanding of data modeling best practices
- Experience designing enterprise systems using cloud providers like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud (GCP)
- Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments
- Basic understanding of how and why ETL tools are used within an organization
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems and the awareness of the impact they will have if introduced
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results.
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct.
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- Creative with a growth mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.