Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Sr Staff Technical Product Manager for BHGE DT D&A
The Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager is responsible for the design and the implementation of the strategic roadmap for Data & Analytics (D&A) products in the HSE, Legal & Compliance function and evolve BI and analytics maximizing synergies across Product Companies, Regions and Functions for Baker Hughes. S/he shall execute in-line within processes and quality standards to support integrated analytics from an enterprise level. S/he will own the product life cycle for analytics and drive operational excellence, ensuring performance and availability.
- Responsible for driving product excellence and D&A application opportunities in a functional area - HSE, Legal & Compliance., and pursuing the execution with a high level of autonomy
- Maintain effective working relationship with business leaders, functional stakeholders, users and partners to integrate D&A into overall strategic objectives of the function
- Lead cross-disciplinary teams on solving business problems using BI and Analytics, typically involving large data sets
- Lead all data related activities (data discovery, cleaning, engineering, analysis and visualization on multiple technology stacks) to support development of new D&A products which improve operational and business outcomes
- Partner with shared technical and business resources (Engineering, Product Management, Software teams etc.) to effectively deliver and support solutions
- Effectively communicate (i.e. status, issues, and escalations) to leadership and other various levels of the organization
- Conduct project reviews, feasibility, prioritization, initiation, execution, user acceptance, operationalization for all project work related to the BI and analytics program
- Serve as coach / mentor for D&A team members and Act as thought leader on D&A technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Masters Preferred.
- Ownership of strategy & execution for HSE, Legal & Compliance related initiatives with focus on optimization, driving efficiencies, re-use, standards etc.
- Lead design, development and implementation of analytic projects ensuring high quality standards and strategic technology utilization
- Experience in leading development of D&A products, from Requirement Gathering State to Driving User Adoption
- A minimum 10-12 years of professional experience with a minimum of 6-8 years in a D&A role with a Global organization
- Hands on experience working with database technologies, including NoSQL platforms, ETL tools including HVR, Informatica or Talend, and Visualization applications including Tableau, and an ability to learn new technologies
- Strong proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries and working with databases
- Ability to acquire specialized domain knowledge required to be more effective in all work activities
- Prefer good understanding in the HSE, Legal & Compliance domain
- Passionate about driving change and influence across enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to execute in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong ability to communicate technical aspects regarding program challenges, progress or results in forms that resonate with the business collaborators
- Entrepreneurial inclination to discover novel opportunities for applying D&A techniques to business problems across the company
- Working knowledge of Big Data programming environments and Competency in major analytics software packages and programming environments (e.g. Hadoop / Map-Reduce, Mahout; Python, R, Java etc. in Big data paradigms)
- Houston, TX
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.