Skills: Production Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to US$597 per day
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Senior Subsea System Production Engineer
Job Title Senior Subsea System Production Engineer
Reports to Engineering Manager (Offshore)
Project Information Basic Design and FEED document review, supervision and support during the EPC/EPIC tendering stage for on and offshore facilities of a Brown & Greenfield gas field development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads & coordinates discipline as a project management team member.
- Manages the interface between Client's project team and sub-sea production systems engineering design team.
- Manages all discipline related engineering activities, review and approval (internal and where applicable Client approval) of deliverables, inter- disciplinary checks and assures compliance with contractual requirements,
e.g. complete delivery of LOD, maximum duration of review cycles, engineering quality, project schedule, etc.
- Supports overall project management, task management, change/contract management, progress reporting and development of project presentations
- Ensure the changes within the discipline are managed and communicated to the other discipline in cases they are affected.
- Responses to Technical Queries (TQ's) and written clarification requests by 3rd parties and attend clarification meetings
Technical Document Review
- Ensures that correct input data, codes & standards are used and adhered to.
- Reviews selection and implementation of correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for the project and/or proposes improvements for the design.
- Reviews all relevant design calculations and performs cross-check calculations if required.
- Reviews various discipline related engineering deliverables (Basis of Designs, Philosophies, Subsea System Flow Diagrams (SSFD), P&IDs, Line & Equipment Lists, Manifold / PLEM / PLET Arrangement Drawings, SSIV System Design, Protective Structure Design, Layouts, Data Sheets, Specifications, (Pre-)Commissioning & Start-up Procedures, O&M Manuals / Procedures, Workover Systems, Material Selection, Equipment Lists, RAM, Construction Methodologies, other discipline related Documents, etc.).
Job specific experience
Education & Accreditation
University degree, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Mechanical or other relevant Engineering discipline
Chartered status with a discipline relevant recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
Design and Engineering
Familiar and conversant with all applicable standards, codes and specifications, especially discipline relevant North American & European codes & standards such as API, ISO, EN, DnV, NACE, ANSI, ASME, PED Directive, etc. are a requirement
Brown & Greenfield projects
System & Equipment Design:
- Subsea tie-backs including Manifold / PLEM / PLET / SSIV Modules
- Subsea gas production wells
- Subsea module / equipment protective structure requirements
- Subsea pipelines for gas, condensate and multiphase flow
- Risers, J-Tubes, etc.
- Sour Gas Production Systems
Preservation, storage, transportation, installation of sub-sea modules is a requirement
Previous position as sub-sea system construction, installation or commissioning & start-up engineer / manager is considered advantageous
Previous position in an operating company is considered advantageous
Minimum 15 years professional experience in Subsea Engineering
Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Visa or work permit assistance will not be provided.
The daily rate set is non negotiable and has been set by our client.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.