Skills: Installation Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to US$382 per day
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
Senior Installation Engineer
Senior Installation Engineer
Engineering Manager (Offshore)
Basic Design and FEED document review, supervision and support during the
EPC/EPIC tendering stage for on- and off-shore facilities of a gas field development.
Level of Discretion
Day-to-day decisions in the execution of the project; regarding installation engineering activities
Decisions to be coordinated with the engineering manager
Supervision of Basic Design and FEED engineering activities
Support of EPC / EPIC tendering
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads & coordinates discipline as a project management team member.
- Manages the interface between Client's project team and installation engineering design team.
- Manages all discipline related engineering activities, review and approval (internal and where applicable Client approval) of deliverables, inter- disciplinary checks and assures compliance with contractual requirements,
e.g. complete delivery of LOD, maximum duration of review cycles, engineering quality, project schedule, etc.
- Supports overall project management, task management, change/contract management, progress reporting and development of project presentations
Technical Document Review
- Review, provision of comments, elaborations and recommendations and approval of Basic Design and FEED documents in a timely manner to ensure the design meets the needs of the field development and complies with contractual requirements.
- Provide support during the LLI and EPIC tendering phase
- Reviews of installation analysis reports for offshore pipelines, umbilicals and subsea facilities (SSIV, manifold and PLEM/PLET)
- Review of installation specifications and procedures relevant to pipelines, unbilicals and subsea facilities (SSIV, manifold and PLEM/PLET)
- Ensures that correct input data, codes and standards are used and adhered to.
Support during Tendering
- Assist with preparation, supervise, review and comment tender documents
- Provide assistance with answering written clarification requests and attend clarification meetings
- Strict adherence to established procedures
- Assist with bidder pre-qualification
- Assist with bid evaluation
- Assist with preparation of final orders, contracts and related documentation
Job specific experience
Education & Accreditation
University degree, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Mechanical-, Offshore-, or other relevant Engineering Discipline
Chartered status with a discipline relevant recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
Design and Engineering
Familiar and conversant with all applicable standards, codes and specifications
Familiar with the pipelines, umbilical installation methods for Offshore systems
Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal & written).
Prior experience with:
o Offshore Oil & Gas Facilities
o Sub-sea tie-backs
o Sub-sea gas production wells
o Sub-sea pipelines for gas, condensate, and multiphase flow
Minimum 15 years professional experience in Installation Engineering
Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Visa or work permit assistance will not be provided.
Daily Rate has been set by our client and is non negotiable.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.