Basic Design and FEED document review, supervision and support during the
EPC/EPIC tendering stage for on- and off-shore facilities of a gas field development.
- Supervision of Basic Design and FEED engineering activities
- Support of EPC / EPIC tendering
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads & coordinates discipline as a project management team member.
- Manages the interface between Client's project team and I&A engineering design team.
- Manages all discipline related engineering activities, review and approval (internal and where applicable Client approval) of deliverables, inter- disciplinary checks and assures compliance with contractual requirements,
e.g. complete delivery of LOD, maximum duration of review cycles, engineering quality, project schedule, etc.
- Supports overall project management, task management, change/contract management, progress reporting and development of project presentations.
- Ensure the changes within the process discipline are managed and communicated to the other discipline in cases they are affected.
- Responses to Technical Queries (TQ's) and written clarification requests by 3rd parties and attend clarification meetings.
Job specific experience
- Technical Document Review
- Review, provision of comments, elaborations and recommendations and approval of Basic Design and FEED documents in a timely manner to ensure the design meets the needs of the field development and complies with contractual requirements.
- Review of System Architecture, System block diagram, control narrative, cable block diagram, etc. for control system.
- Review, provision of comments, elaborations and recommendations and approval of provision of instrumentation and automation discipline analyses and calculation notes required for the design of the instrumentation engineering works.
- Review, provision of comments on technical recommendations on the selection of instrument materials to meet project requirements.
- Review of various instrumentation and automation engineering deliverables (instrument datasheet, instrument list and I/O list, instrument sizing for flow element and valves,
- Review, provision of comments for scope of work for SIL workshop.
- Review of control system design deliverables for DCS, ESD, and fire and gas systems, mechanical package control system PLC.
- Review of other discipline documents e.g. P&IDs, Piping GAs, hook-up drawings, Electrical Control Narratives, HVAC heat dissipation calculations for the alignment with I&A discipline.
- Actively participates in HSE document reviews & workshops, such as HAZOP, SIL/LOPA, SIMOPS, etc.
- Actively participates in 3D model reviews.
- Strict adherence to established procedures.
Education & Accreditation
- University degree, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Electrical-, I&C-, or other relevant Engineering discipline
- Chartered status with a discipline relevant recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
Design and Engineering
- Familiar and conversant with all applicable standards, codes and specifications.
- Familiar with Safety Instrumented System and Functions
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal & written).
o Offshore upstream oil & gas facilities
Job specific software skills
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in I&A Engineering
- Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Visa or work permit assistance will not be provided.
(See experience chart for generic software skills as well)
- Proficient in using MS Office packages
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.