Senior Mechanical Engineer (Onshore)
Basic Design and FEED document review, supervision and support during the
EPC/EPIC tendering stage for on and offshore facilities of a Brown & Greenfield gas field development.
Level of Discretion
- Day-to-day decisions in the execution of the project; regarding mechanical engineering activities
- Decisions to be coordinated with the engineering manager
Job Objectives Supervision of Basic Design and FEED engineering activities
- Support of EPC / EPIC tendering
Duties and Responsibilities Senior/Lead
- Leads & coordinates discipline as a project management team member.
- Manages the interface between Client's project team and mechanical engineering design team.
- Manages all discipline related engineering activities, review and approval (internal and where applicable Client approval) of deliverables, inter- disciplinary checks and assures compliance with contractual requirements,
e.g. complete delivery of LOD, maximum duration of review cycles, engineering quality, project schedule, etc.
- Supports overall project management, task management, change/contract management, progress reporting and development of project presentations
- Ensure the changes within the process discipline are managed and communicated to the other discipline in cases they are affected.
- Responses to Technical Queries (TQ's) and written clarification requests by 3rd parties and attend clarification meetings
Job specific experience
- Technical Document Review
- Review, provision of comments, elaborations and recommendations and approval of Basic Design and FEED documents in a timely manner to ensure the design meets the needs of the field development and complies with contractual requirements.
- Reviews various discipline related engineering deliverables (Basis of Designs, Philosophies, Line & Equipment Lists, Drawings, Data Sheets, Specifications, Material Requisitions, Vendor Document Requirement Lists (VDRL), P&IDs, RAM, other discipline related Documents, etc.).
- Review, provision of comments, elaborations and recommendations and approval of mechanical discipline deliverables as general equipment specifications, equipment data sheet, equipment requisition, material requisitions, Material Requisitions, Vendor Document Requirement Lists (VDRL), Quality Plans, etc.
- Review of Noise Studies.
- Actively participates in HSE document reviews & workshops, such as HAZOP, SIMOPS, Plant Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Safety & Environment Critical Elements (SECE) and related Performance Standards, Constructability, ALARP Workshops, etc..
Education & Accreditation University degree, BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered status with a discipline relevant recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
Design and Engineering Familiar and conversant with all applicable standards, codes and specifications
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal & written).
- Gas treatment facilities
- Sulphur recovery
- CO2 management
Job specific software skills
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Visa or work permit assistance will not be provided.
(See experience chart for generic software skills as well)
- Proficient in using MS Office packages
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.